Business & Legal Resources
Online Resource Tutorials
The Garland Libraries offer on how to use many of our online resources. Learn how to use Value Line, Mango Languages, Testing and Education Reference Center, Chilton Auto Repair and many more. Also included are tutorials on , , , , , , , and .
We have grouped several resource together to make them easier to find:
|Genealogy & History|
|Finance and Investments||Alphabetical List|
The City of Garland has received funding from the CARES Act and is to distribute $500,000 of those funds to Garland small businesses through the Community Reinvestment Fund (CRF) Business Assistance Program. Grants of up to $20,000 will be made to businesses with up to twenty (20) employees at the time of application. Applications will be accepted via the Garland Chamber website. If at least 75 percent of grant funding is not distributed by August 14, 2020, the Garland Chamber will open grant applications to businesses employing 21 to 50 employees.
The Texas Economic Development Corporation has compiled statewide resources to support businesses and will ensure you are informed with the most up-to-date information surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Small Business Handbook provides a comprehensive overview of business planning, registration, requirements and financing. The Handbook also identifies programs and organizations supporting entrepreneurs and small business owners throughout the state of Texas. This handbook is intended to provide general guidance and assistance to those interested in developing or further expanding their business in Texas and beyond. It is not intended to be construed or relied upon as legal, accounting, or other professional services or advice. More info:
- The premier Reference, Research, Marketing, Mailing Lists/Sales Leads, People Search, and Job-Search Database.
- Offers full text articles from hundreds of key publications, and provides access to product evaluations, interviews, biographical sketches, corporate profiles, obituaries, surveys, statistical rankings, book reviews and reports from associations, societies, trade shows, conferences and more.
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Reference Center is a full-text database used by corporations and government agencies.
- Actual business plans compiled by, and aimed at, entrepreneurs seeking funding for small businesses. Presents sample plans taken from businesses in the manufacturing, retail and service industries which serve as examples of how to approach, structure and compose business plans.
- Search for company profiles, industry profiles, and market research reports.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center is an easy to navigate database that is designed to help library patrons reach their investment goals. It’s the one-stop tool for collecting financial information, getting reliable portfolio analysis, learning about investment options, and getting the most up-to-date financial news commentary.
- Full text for more than 80 regional U.S. and Canadian business publications (including titles from Crain Communications)
- This database offers a wide variety of information on small business and entrepreneurial subject areas, common business types, a help and advice section, and provides information on how to create business plans that lead to successful funding. “How-to” instructions address small business topics, such as buying and selling a business, managing employees, writing a business plans, understanding legal information, a business and much more.
- Designed for sustainability experts and information professionals, this collection offers unmatched full-text coverage of content relevant to many integral areas of sustainability initiative management.
- Accurate and insightful investment research on companies, industries, markets and economies for beginning investors and veterans alike.
- Containing full text for nearly 250 of the world's most respected, scholarly law journals, this database is an authoritative source for information on current issues, studies, thoughts and trends of the legal world.
- Downloadable Texas and U.S. legal forms
- EBSCO's Legal Information Reference Center offers everyday users the necessary tools and detailed how-to instructions covering a wide-range of legal issues. A majority of the full-text legal reference books are provided through Nolo, the nation’s oldest and most respected provider of legal information for consumers and small businesses. With the Legal Forms by U.S. State feature, users can search state-specific legal forms by top subject areas including adoption, bankruptcy, name changes and more.