Garland Housing Agency
To Housing Choice Voucher Landlords
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is one of nine federal agencies impacted by the current governmental shutdown. HUD provides 100% of the funding to agencies that administer the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program, such as The Garland Housing Agency. It is through this formula allocation that the federal government provides budget authority to issue Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) to private market landlords who make units available for families participating in the HCV program.
"To assist low and moderate income families in obtaining safe, decent and sanitary housing, while promoting Self-Sufficiency."
Garland Housing Agency's (GHA) main focus is highlighted in our mission statement. GHA continues to be more than merely a provider of housing vouchers. It is an agency whose dedicated caseworkers, inspectors, and employees assist families and individuals to obtain not only housing that meets Housing Quality Standards set by HUD, but also employment assistance, counseling, and training. The staff is committed to treating individuals with respect and to further the collaborative efforts between GHA and the community.
- What if I have a fair housing complaint against my current landlord?
- What are the income limits for receiving Section 8 Rental Assistance?
- What are the latest utility allowances?
- Who is responsible for the security deposit or deposit on utilities?
- How much rent does a Housing Choice Voucher holder pay?
- Must a landlord rent to a Housing Choice Voucher holder if there is a unit available?
- Can a Housing Voucher be transferred to another agency?
- Who finds the unit to live in?
- Can a person take an application home to fill out in advance?
- If a family is on the waiting list in another city, can it transfer to the Garland Housing Agency waiting list?
- Does a Voucher holder have to live in an apartment?
- How many Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers are available through the City of Garland Housing Agency?
- How much is the deposit on a unit?
- Is an individual eligible for housing if he/she has a job?
- How long does it take to get rental assistance once a family is on the waiting list?
- What if there is an emergency?
- What do we bring when we apply?
- How do you get on the Garland Housing Agency waiting list?
- How does an individual or family get on Section 8 in Garland?
- Does the City of Garland have public housing?
- How does Section 8 Rental Assistance differ from public housing?
- Does the Garland Housing Agency offer the Housing Choice Voucher Home Ownership program?