Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
April 3, 2020 - In our efforts to help maintain physical distancing in compliance with the Governor’s Order, the Dallas County Order, and CDC/Texas Department of State Health Services recommendations, we are taking proactive steps below for the safety of our residents and staff.
In addition to the already closed City recreation centers, Granville Arts Center, Garland Tennis Center and athletic fields, all athletic/sport courts and public restrooms(image jpg) will be closed until further notice.
While parks and green spaces are not closed, if you choose to go to the park, please plan accordingly and continue to comply with physical distancing guidelines of a minimum of 6 feet.
Summary of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department Closures:
* Athletic/sport courts and fields, outdoor venues, and public restrooms;
* All City recreation centers and senior centers, including the boxing gym program sponsored by the Police Department;
* The Granville Arts Center, which includes the Atrium and the Plaza Theatre;
* The Garland Tennis Center;
* City-hosted special events; other events requiring City assistance
If you have any questions regarding these closures, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Garland is closely monitoring COVID-19 in our community. We will post status updates after 2 p.m. each day. Visit the Disease Information page for resources, FAQs, City service updates and more.