Dallas Area Rapid Transit is planning to implement service changes on Monday, Oct. 19. Its planned changes include:
- Adjusted frequencies for seven bus routes and light rail service,
- Restoration of normal weekday bus service levels on 25 routes,
- Discontinuing, modifying or replacing nine low-performing bus routes,
- Continuation of emergency service levels on at least 48 bus routes,
- Creation of two new GoLink zones, and
- A phased restoration of service levels on up to 40 bus routes based upon a ridership trigger, with ridership increases expected as pandemic conditions ease and riders return to the system.
DART will host an in-person event at noon Saturday, Aug. 8, and a virtual event at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 11, to collect public comments regarding the plan. Comments may also be submitted via email.
Final board approval of the service changes is planned for September.