How do I report a non-emergency?

Non-emergency calls placed to 911 can slow Police, Fire, and Ambulance response to true emergencies. To more efficiently handle calls, the Garland Police Department established a number to report non-emergency situations to the police. The non-emergency number is 972-485-4840.

A non-emergency incident is one that does not involve a crime in progress; does not pose an imminent threat to human life, major property damage or loss; and does not require the immediate dispatch of a Police unit. Examples are abandoned vehicles and barking dogs.

Show All Answers

1. How do you use 911?
2. When should you use 911?
3. How does 911 work?
4. How do I report a non-emergency?